You should follow these directions if you've previously saved Alphabear progress to the cloud and need to recover that saved state because something bad has happened to your game data. E.g., if you had to delete and reinstall the game for some reason and now find yourself back in the Tutorial.
Note that the instructions on this page are not what you should use for normal transferring of a saved state between two devices (e.g., if you play on an iPad while at home and on an iPhone while away from home). Those instructions are here.
- Your Alphabear app must be version 01.08.00i or higher. This page shows how you can check.
- You must have iCloud enabled for Alphabear.
- If using iOS 7, you should look in your Settings app for iCloud >> Document & Data >> Alphabear. Make sure that it's enabled at all of these levels.
- If using iOS 8,
- follow the iOS 7 instructions above if you haven't been using iCloud Drive.
- follow the iOS 9 instructions below if you have been using iCloud Drive.
- If using iOS 9 or above, you should look in your Settings app for iCloud >> iCloud Drive >> Alphabear. Make sure that it's enabled at all of these levels. You might have to upgrade your iCloud to iCloud Drive if you have never done so before.
- You must must be signed in to the same iCloud account you were using when you created the cloud save.
- You must be signed in to the same Game Center account that you were using when you created the cloud save. You can sign into your Game Center account by going to your Settings app and looking for Game Center. Enter your Apple ID and Password, then click the button that says Sign In.
- Delete the Alphabear app from your device. (There are other ways to do this, but this is the most foolproof for ensuring that you don't overwrite the state in the cloud with a state from the beginning of the game.)
- Install Alphabear onto the device. Then, confirm that all the settings listed in the Requirements section above are correct.
- Launch the newly installed Alphabear. It should put you onto the tutorial screen.
- Click the Load button. Do this relatively quickly--if you sit on this screen for longer than you've played previously, this device's data will overwrite what you previously saved to the cloud.
- Wait while the game connects to iCloud and Game Center and looks for your cloud save.
- You'll probably get a "Welcome back" message from Game Center which will go away after a few seconds. It's okay if you don't get the "Welcome back" message; you're really looking for the next screen.
- When you see this screen, click the button to load your cloud save.
- Note: If this screen doesn't come up after waiting for a few minutes, stop. The game isn't finding the cloud save for some reason. Start over from Step 1 quickly, so that you don't save the device's current state to the cloud and overwrite your previous state.
- If, after waiting for a few minutes, the screen below doesn't come up when it is supposed to, stop. The game isn't finding the cloud save for some reason. Start over from Step 1 quickly, so that you don't save the device's current state to the cloud and overwrite your previous state.
- Please don't install a version of Alphabear lower than the version you used to create your cloud save. There has occasionally been loss of progress when, for example, people transferred a save from version 1.6 to version 1.5--version 1.6 contained some new bears that version 1.5 was not aware of, and so version 1.5 deleted these new bears from the save file.