You should follow these directions if you want two of your iOS devices to share a single Alphabear state. E.g., if you play on your iPad when at home, but play on iPhone when away from home, and want progress made on your iPhone to be reflected on your iPad and vice versa.
If you don't have two devices you need to sync your progress between, follow the directions on this page instead.
- *Both devices* must have Alphabear version 01.08.00i or higher. This page shows how you can check.
- It is advised that you keep the Alphabear versions on both devices the same. There has occasionally been loss of progress when, for example, people transferred a save from version 1.6 to version 1.5--version 1.6 contained some new bears that version 1.5 was not aware of, and so version 1.5 deleted these unrecognized new bears from the save file.
- *Both devices* must be running iOS 8 or greater.
- iOS 7 is sufficient to use cloud save, but not for transferring progress in this manner.
- *Both devices* must have iCloud Drive enabled for Alphabear. Look in your Settings app for iCloud >> iCloud Drive >> Alphabear -- this might be at the very top level or in a submenu. Make sure that it's enabled at all of these levels. You might have to upgrade your iCloud to iCloud Drive if you have never done so before.
- *Both devices* must be signed in to the same iCloud account.
- *Both devices* must be signed in to the same Game Center account. You can sign into your Game Center account by going to your Settings app and looking for Game Center. Enter your Apple ID and Password, then click the button that says Sign In.
- If you've already been playing Alphabear on two unsynced devices, decide which device's Alphabear progress you want to keep and which you will discard.
- From now on your devices will share a single game state. We want you to decide now which state that will be. The app is not smart enough to combine your bear collections / coins / etc. into a composite state; you will have to choose one device's state or the other.
From this point forward
Simply play the game as normal. When you switch devices after having progressed forward on one device, the game should identify the switch and pop up the following screen:
Click Ok to import the progress from the other device, then keep playing!
- It is advised that you keep the Alphabear versions on both devices the same. There has occasionally been loss of progress when, for example, people transferred a save from version 1.6 to version 1.5—version 1.6 contained some new bears that version 1.5 was not aware of, and so version 1.5 deleted these unrecognized new bears from the save file.
Article is closed for comments.