Sometimes compatible devices aren't able to download the game from Google Play for various reasons. The following are instructions for downloading and installing the game directly from us. (The file is stored in "Dropbox", which is an online file storage service that allows us to create links for you to download our files.)
- Note: These instructions are written for the v01.09.01.g version of Alphabear 2, but the same steps apply to any APK for any game--just use the appropriate URL in Step 2.
- Open the Settings app, go to Security, and turn on the option "Unknown sources" if it's not already on. This will allow you to "sideload" the app (i.e., install it even though it's not coming from Google Play Store).
- Using the Chrome web browser on your device, access the following URL:
- Note: The URL changes every time, and the change is more than just the file name. You can't just change the version number and expect it to work, because it won't. Please make sure that you get the correct URL for the game and version you want by contacting firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The download should begin automatically. You should see it animating in the pulldown menu at the top of the screen.
- When the download has finished, open the pulldown menu and tap the downloaded file.
- On some devices, the downloaded file disappears from the pulldown menu when the download completes. If this happens to you, open the Downloads app and the file should be there. Tap it.
- Tap the "Install" button.