What is "Steam"?
"Steam" is an application facilitating the distribution of video games. It is made by a company named Valve, not by our company. Several of our games are available on Steam.
How can I obtain a game via Steam?
These are some common ways of obtaining a game via Steam:
- You may have been given and/or purchased a code that can be redeemed for the game. If so, skip down to the next section which discusses how to redeem the code and download the game.
- If it's a "free-to-play" game, download it from within the Steam application--no purchase necessary.
- If it's a game where you pay up-front, you can purchase it via Steam's Store page. Then download the game.
How do I redeem my Steam code?
There are several steps involved in redeeming a Steam code--people who may already have Steam accounts or who already have Steam installed can skip the sections that aren't relevant to them.
- Install the Steam application.
- Create a Steam Account.
- Launch and Login to Steam
- Launch and Login to Steam (Windows).
- I'm sorry; we don't currently have screenshots for a Mac. Hopefully you can find and launch the Steam program and figure out how to log in without too much difficulty.
- Enter your Steam Code.
- Launch the game.
Questions? Email email@example.com and we'll try to answer them.