The exact procedure for looking this up may differ by device and operating system, but here is one example that may help you to find the equivalent option on your device:
- Open your Settings app.
- Look for the "About phone", "About device", or "About tablet" option.
- When you find the "About phone", "About device", or "About tablet" option, click it.
- Look for entries that look something like this.
- The "Model number" is the kind of device you have. In this screenshot, my device is a Galaxy Nexus.
- The entry that says "Firmware version" or "Android version" is the version of Android you have. It is a number with one or more decimal places (e.g., "2.2" or "4.0.4").