Steam and PlayStation 4 versions
A common misconception is that you start a new year with:
- A baseline energy equal to the amount of energy you finished the previous year with
- Plus 50% (or 40% if you have an older version of the game) of the energy you finished the previous year with, as is mentioned in the previous year’s summary screen
- Plus any energy given to you by the townsfolk
- All of the above adjusted by the permanent charms in your bedroom and the charms you have chosen to equip.
- The max energy you can have is 400.
The misconception is with point 1 above: the baseline energy is not the amount you finished the previous year with; rather, it is a pre-defined amount of energy (sometimes 35, sometimes 60, and perhaps other values) as scripted by the level designers. Points 2-5 are correct, with point 2 being your reward for finishing a year with high energy.
If this isn’t the issue, please email email@example.com and let us know the inputs into the calculation (energy you finished the previous year with, which level you were playing (year and normal/hard mode), charms equipped, etc.) and we can try to figure out what is going on.
iOS and tvOS versions
See above, except:
- In Step 2 you get to keep 100% of your energy, not 50%.
- In Step 5, the max energy is 300, not 400.
Article is closed for comments.