Please do the following to minimize the chances of problems occurring when you play the same save slot across multiple devices.
- Make sure iCloud is enabled and signed-into on all devices/computers involved.
- Make sure that Game Center is signed-into and enabled on all devices/computers involved.
- Make sure that the sign-ins have all been done with the same Apple ID.
When you're about to end a play session
- Make sure you're connected to the internet so your save will be uploaded to iCloud.
- Open the game's Options Menu and click the Return To Main Menu button. This will force the game to save now, instead of the usual saving every few minutes.
- After you've transitioned to the main menu, kill the Cozy Grove app.
- If on a Mac, click the word "Quit" in the lower-right of the game's title screen.
- If on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, fully exit the app (don't just minimize it).
When you're about to begin a new play session
- If you remember that you didn't do the things in the previous section at the end of your last play session, do that now on that device/computer before launching the app for a new play session. Having the app unkilled on multiple devices/computers is one way that problems arise.
- Make sure you're connected to the internet so your save can be downloaded from iCloud.
- Launch the app on the device/computer you want to play on. Don't click the words "Start" or "Continue" yet!
- First click the words "Save Slot 1" (or whatever the number happens to be). This will open the Save Slot menu.
- Confirm that the Save Slot menu correctly reflects the date and time you last played each Save Slot.
- If so, great! Click the Save Slot that you want to play on, and then click Start or Continue as appropriate. Enjoy the game!
- If not, for some reason iCloud has not finished syncing your save data between the two devices/computers. Don't click Start or Continue on this device/computer or you will overwrite the progress made in your last play session. Instead, kill the app on this device/computer. Wait a few minutes then try the steps in this section again. If that still doesn't work, kill the app on this device/computer and go back to the device/computer of your last play session. Save the game there again, give iCloud a few minutes to transfer your save data, then try the steps in this section again.