The Campaign Day is the day number that is shown when your scout does the sleeping and waking animation (usually at the beginning of your first play session of a day, unless you happen to be in the middle of a play session when the clock strikes 5am).
- New campaign days begin at 5am according to the device/computer running the game, not at midnight like in real life.
- If you're going to mess with your clock/calendar trying to advance faster than intended, please see this FAQ on how to do it safely, and please *don't* email Support if your save gets goofed up. I'm sorry, but we're a small company and don't have the manpower to fix it; you will have to get yourself unstuck or start over.
- The campaign day only advances in this manner on a day where you've actually played on the particular save slot in question. If you only access the main menu (or if you don't launch the game at all) or play on some other save slot but not this one, the campaign day won't advance.
- E.g., if you begin a new game on your Save Slot 1 today and then don't play on Save Slot 1 again for weeks, you'll only be on Day 2 when you use Save Slot 1 again, even if you've been playing regularly on a different save slot.
- Campaign days matter because some things are governed by campaign day. For example (this list is not exhaustive):
- You won't meet Pandam (a wandering merchant) until Campaign Day 7 or later.
- There is a maximum number of shells you can gather on each campaign day. Thus, you may find yourself waiting for a new campaign day in order to collect more shells.
But some things are affected by the real clock/calendar
As some examples (this list is not exhaustive):
- The day/night lighting in the game
- Pandam only appears on Wednesdays, and whether it's Wednesday is determined by your device/computer's calendar, not by how many campaign days have elapsed.
- Certain types of fish appear in certain months of the year as determined by your calendar, although there are other factors as well.
- If you have a quest that needs to be completed in a certain number of hours, that will be calculated via the clock/calendar, not campaign days.