The camera is a feature added in version 3.0.0. Version 3.0.0 is already available for all platforms, so please update your game if you're still on a lower version.
Getting the camera
- As mentioned above, you must be on version 3.0.0 or higher. Please update your game if you're not already on at least version 3.0.0.
- Purchase the fishing rod from Mr. Kit if you haven't already done so.
- Talk to Mr. Kit and purchase the camera
- Film is only used to repair the camera, so you don't need to buy film yet. Just pretend that the camera came with the first roll of film already loaded.
- You can start using the camera immediately—no need to visit Maker Bear first!
Using the camera
- Equip the camera in the first slot of your left bar, such that the camera appears above the scout's head.
- Use the camera the same way you use the fishing rod. Instead of aiming the bobber, you'll be aiming a big rectangular viewfinder, and instead of casting the bobber you'll be snapping a picture of whatever is in the viewfinder. Note that there's a delay of about a half-second between when you begin aiming the viewfinder and when you can take a picture. This is to prevent you from accidentally taking a picture without being ready and wasting a durability charge.
- After the picture is taken, you'll have the choice of deleting the photo or saving it. You don't get the durability charge back if you delete the picture, so this is just a decision of whether you do or don't want to keep the picture since you can only keep a limited number.
Managing photos that you've saved
- Select the camera, then use the Show Photos button in the info panel.
- The Photo Album will come up. The photo album lets you look through your photos.
- If you select a photo, you'll see a close-up of it and can delete it if you so choose to make room for more photos.
Repairing the camera
- If you select the camera, one of the first few lines in the info panel says how much durability it has left (e.g., 23 / 24 in the left half of the screenshot above). When the durability reaches 0, its appearance will change (e.g., the right half of the screenshot above) and you can't use the camera anymore until you take it to Maker Bear and get it repaired.
- The material required for camera repair is Film. You can purchase Film from Mr. Kit and Arjun Bhalla. Take the camera and some film to Maker Bear and choose to repair it, just as you would any other tool.