v1.6.0 is now available to all players on PC and is being submitted today (April 19, 2021) to Apple Arcade and consoles:
- Major polish pass on inventory UI; lots of community-requested improvements there!
- UI QoL: snap decoration placement cursor to next point in pattern
- Unlock lower-tier repair tool badges even after upgrading tools, so badge is always earnable
- Improve lackluster reward from one of Jeremy's recurring quests
- Reduced requirements for quests that seemed overly difficult or time-consuming to complete.
- Imps only drop imp essence, not other types.
- Mr Kit can now sell more essence.
- Fixed issue preventing rare shells from spawning correctly in the springtime.
- QoL: Increase stack limit to 50 on branches, greens, processed fruit, processed root, processed mushrooms
- Fix: some final bear quests weren't awarding loot properly
- Display error message when time travelling backwards, to help prevent players from harming their save files
- Repair polish: Play animations when repairing item
- QoL: Increase amount of early storage available to players
- Make sure all parts of arrow buttons are clickable on options menu
- Prevent opening badge menu when busy with an uninterruptable action, like fishing
- Only common/uncommon decoration recipes and non-pro/non-master food recipes will drop in first 2 days.
- Fix harvestable objects (like trees) not showing their correct harvestable state
- Compress days 1-4 of the new user experience into days 1-2
- Fix inconsistent treatment of flowers/trees with placement ui
- Returned the old item notification behaviour to items you get from fishing
- Reduced tier-up costs for essences
- Reliability improvements for automatic iCloud saves
- Warning popup when playing with in the past.
- Fixed some different flower types appearing to have the same color
- New art for burned root veggies and burned mushrooms, to differentiate from burned fruit.
- Other minor bugfixes and improvements
As always, thank you for continuing to be supportive of and patient with us! All of these changes are a direct result of your feedback, and we continue to listen carefully to you as we plan our next updates. This game may seem "simple", but it is actually quite complex under the hood and already has many months of gameplay implemented, so sometimes seemingly small changes can actually require a lot of work to implement! We're grateful for your understanding.
Console players: depending on your platform and it's speed of certification, you can expect the update to arrive anywhere from a few days to 3+ weeks from now. Apologies as always for that, but it is something we have zero control over. Nintendo can be especially slow with certification, so please have patience.