It is a often a rule in word games that words always requiring capitalization are *not* allowed. (Proper nouns fall into this category. So do some words derived from proper nouns.) Scrabble is an example of one reputable game following this rule.
The general rule is that Alphabear 2 doesn't allow words always requiring capitalization; however, we've made some specific exceptions for certain popular words. These words *are* playable in Alphabear 2 despite the fact that they must always be capitalized in proper usage:
Prior to version v00.05.03
- Days of the week and their plurals. E.g., MONDAY and MONDAYS.
- Months of the year. E.g., JANUARY.
- FAHRENHEIT and CELSIUS (the temperature scales).
- The names of some epochs, including PALEOLITHIC.
- Nations, the adjective for things related to that nation, and the nouns used to refer to people from that nation. E.g., UGANDA, UGANDAN, and UGANDANS.
- The names of a few religions and their followers. E.g., ISLAM and MUSLIM.
- This was meant to add some commonly spelled words to the dictionary, not to be an exhaustive adding of all religions or to pass judgment on which religions are/aren't worthy of inclusion. We are sorry if the religion you want to spell is not one of the religions added.
Added in version v00.05.03
- Planets (e.g., JUPITER) and PLUTO because it was previously a planet.
- Continents, the adjective for things related to that continent, and the nouns used to refer to people from that continent. E.g., EUROPE, EUROPEAN, and EUROPEANS.