As of today (May 6, 2021) v1.7.0 has been made available on the PC and is being submitted for certification to Apple Arcade and consoles! The changes in v1.7.0 include:
- Remove old deleted inbox messages that increase save file size unnecessarily
- Prevent fish from spawning too far away (by the dark sunken island areas)
- Added normals for prettier lighting
- Some quests from Lee Berry can no longer be fulfilled with fence posts.
- QoL: merge multiple shipments from Allison into a single letter.
- Rarer fish categories are a tad easier to catch.
- Smaller fish nibble fewer times.
- Improved sorting of stacked & split items
- Added dedicated volume slider for UI sounds
- Added text note that trees and berry bushes produce wood, to help new users
- Added loading tip encouraging people to plant more trees and bushes
- Unlock both heartbroken imps and the Scoutmaster letter referring to them on day 20
- Fixed Charlotte's sunflower quest so you cannot donate the found flower
- Descriptions of high tier rocks and shrubs now include a helpful message if you are missing the right tool
- New dirt pile art
- Bugfix: you can now properly donate mid-level gems and in doing so unlock recipes for highest tier gems
- Automatically keep backups of save files in case the main file gets corrupted by power outage, crash, etc.
- Fix bug where pro dowsing rod quest can show up too early
- Higher-rarity lamps now have proportionally larger light radius to compensate for their higher cost
- Add the ability for the player to specify which items a quest consumes when the quest can potentially consume multiple different items from your inventory
- When appropriate, show the 'select next' action when interacting with a controller
- Reduce price of backpack expansions
- When you have no new story quests, other quests have a chance to give you a Spirit Log
- Made it harder to accidentally trigger a drag action when tapping on touch screens
- Fix for Wary Bear quest that some players were softlocked on
- Imps will no longer steal bushes
- Fix for the 'collect all' button not working in the mailbox.
- Reduce the quantity of onions required by onion salads
- Fixed some visual bugs with imps
- Added variety to camp tiles
- Fixes for some non-English text display issues, including Arabic
- Tutorial triggered by player scaring fish will trigger less often
- Prevent clothing storage upgrade from appearing in store if closet size has already been maxed out (the max closet size will be increased in a future update)
As always, these changes were driven largely by the community's feedback; thank you as always for helping us make Cozy Grove a better game!
Update: we forgot to mention these, but these changes also occurred in this particular patch:
- Recycling gems again incurs a penalty—you can no longer freely craft/recycle between the various qualities of gems.
Article is closed for comments.