This is a known issue that unfortunately doesn't seem to be ours to fix, as: A) devices from other manufacturers don't seem to be affected, and B) affected players have reported that the problem eventually went away on their particular devices without our studio doing anything. Our best guess is that Samsung's Android 12 & 13 implementation either has a bug or breaks something in another company's software, and thus the problem goes away when players receive the fix from the relevant company.
What you can do
- Consider taking any updates offered by either your cell phone provider or the Google Play Store. One of these updates may contain the relevant fix. Unfortunately at this time we're not sure which update the fix is in.
- One player shared that, while they couldn't launch the app the normal way, they could launch it if they open the Google Play Store app, find Triple Town there, and click the Play button in Google Play Store.
- Unfortunately it did not work for another player who tried this. So while it doesn't hurt to try, I don't think this is actually a reliable workaround for the problem.
- Please send us a device log so we can better understand what is happening inside an affected device. Note that there are some setup steps to do prior to capturing the game's failure to launch.
- Until we understand what's going on, we'll have no better guidance on the problem, nor a possibility of developing our own fix. At the time I write this, we have not been able to reproduce this problem despite multiple attempts to do so. Your log may be what helps us solve this mystery!