There is a known issue where items can end up between Flamey and the tent, making them very hard to select because you'll often select either Flamey or the tent rather than the item.
If you find yourself in this situation, there are a few tricks that can work to get the items out. Please refer to the screenshot below and the bullets below it.
- If you're using a controller but your platform has a mouse/touchscreen, try clicking the item directly. Conversely, if you're using the mouse/touchscreen, try to get the item with the controller.
- If you stand in certain spots, you may be able to select the item. Some suggested spots are the top three red circles in the picture.
- If you place items nearby the stuck item and select one of them, you can use the Select Next command to cycle through the nearby objects of interest. Hopefully the cycling will choose the stuck object before choosing Flamey (selecting Flamey brings you out of the Select Next interface).
- You should use items such as fruits or common fish for this—items that the game will eventually clean up (so you won't get more stuff permanently stuck in that area) and that you won't mind having deleted in the clean-up process.
- Where you stand when doing the initial selection affects which items will come up in Select Next and the order they come up in. One suggestion was standing on the circle with the arrow coming out of it and trying to initially select an object positioned near the tip of the arrow. The positioning differences can be subtle so there will be some trial and error involved.