You will correctly get the popup shown above if the save you're trying to load has been played with DLC content and you don't own the DLC on the platform where you're trying to use the save. This should only occur in a few rare scenarios, including:
- You never owned the DLC but got the save from someone else who did
- You previously owned the DLC but no longer own it. E.g., if you refunded it.
- You own the DLC on another platform where the save was created but are trying to use your save on a platform where you don't own it
OK, I understand why I got the popup. What now?
You have a few options:
- Purchase the DLC on the platform where you want to use this save
- Delete this save. Instead, use a different save that has never been played with DLC content.
- If you were playing on a Windows computer, you may have a backup of the last time this save was played without DLC. (The game makes this backup automatically when, as a DLC owner, you first load a save that hasn't previously been used with the DLC.) Please see this page for instructions on how to find and use it.
- Delete this save. Start a new game in this save slot.