There were/are some bugs in the game that will, for example, make an item permanently disappear from your backpack or skip a conversation that should have given you a particular item. This is always bad, but especially so if it's an important item that will cause someone without it to be permanently stuck.
In addition to fixing these bugs as we figure out what causes them, we've slowly been adding ways to detect that specific key items are missing and give them back to players who've already been affected. This page tells you about how you'd get back such items.
- Note that this is about unsticking people who would otherwise be permanently stuck. It isn't about items that you could earn more of, even if it would be very hard/painful to get them again. I'm sorry if that's what went missing in your case. Among other things, there's no good way for the game to know how much you should currently have, so it can't determine that any are missing.
How do I know if I should have the item by now?
Please search online or ask in the Cozy Grove Discord server. As a last resort you can email email@example.com, but we're a small company and there are many questions that the helpful folks in Discord are quite capable of fielding and would love to help with, which would free us up to deal with the harder questions (or, even better, do more work on the game).
- The info from the Progress Debug Screen may help you and others to understand if you've made enough progress or waited long enough to have gotten the item: https://support.spryfox.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403701268503-Progress-Debug-Screen-Cozy-Grove-
How do I get a missing item?
Please see this page: https://spryfox.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/4404677957911
Letter of Forgiveness
After Postal Bear undergoes a significant change (if you don't know what I'm talking about then it hasn't happened yet), complete a timed quest for him. He should give you the letter in addition to the other rewards he normally gives.
Something you can get more of
Unfortunately we won't be working on a way to give these back, even if it wasn't your fault and whatever you lost was very valuable. We're sorry about this.
Camera or Critter Net
Please repurchase these from Mr. Kit. You can purchase each of one of these per day IF the game thinks you don't currently own the item, so if you just purchased one today, please try again on the next game day.
Other key items
Beginning in version 3.0.0, talking to a bear and choosing the first dialogue option will result in them saying they found something important and throwing you particular items that are missing, one at a time (i.e., you may have to talk to them more than once if you're missing multiple items). This only works for certain items as detailed below—we need to add each item explicitly, and sometimes it can get complicated.
Version 3.0.0 (already available for all platforms) and higher
- Town Deed
- Wolf Coins
- The two furniture items (of three total items) that you're supposed to purchase with Wolf Coins
Version 3.1.0 (already available for all platforms) and higher
- Shovel (Basic, Pro, and Master)
- Pickaxe (Basic, Pro, and Master)
- Machete (Basic, Pro, and Master)
- Dowsing Rod (Basic, Pro, and Master)
- Unique Shell that Surfer Bear's 4th milestone gives you
- Scout Book Pages (Ranger Bear asks for 7 of these early in the game)
- Symbol Dust that Bruin Tram's 6th milestone gives you
Version 3.2.0 and higher
- Letter that Emperor Bear's 11th milestone gives you
Version 4.0.0 and higher
- Ornate Gear Recipe needed for Maker Bear's 18th milestone
- Photo of Ursula needed for Arjun Bhalla's 16th milestone
- Memorable Rock from Rock Bear's 11th milestone. Ranger Bear asks for this very late in the game
- Second attempt at giving back the Master Shovel, because someone said they didn't get it back the normal way
Some future version after 4.0.0
- 10 Ancient Symbols, given in Bruin Tram's 6th milestone
An item not on this list
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know which item it is. Please don't assume that we already know and are working on it—we may not be, and we may never start unless we know that it's a problem for someone.