We think the problem occurred because of a bug in version 2.2.0 and earlier where crafting could sometimes consume more resources than it was supposed to. (Buying things with Wolf Coins is actually crafting under the hood.) So you probably had exactly the required number of Wolf Coins (because that's what the game gives you), and then the bug consumed too many such that you no longer have enough. While that bug was fixed in version 2.3.0, if you were already affected before installing 2.3.0 then the damage was already done.
In version 3.0.0 (which is still being tested at the time I write this article), we've implemented something to give folks in this situation the missing Wolf Coins. Please do the following:
- If you don't already own two of the three required items, buy the other one you can afford
- You need to own two of the three required items or this solution won't trigger
- Make sure not to buy two of the same required item, as the game won't handle that well
- Take the update when it comes out
- Wait for a new game day (i.e., the scout has to do its sleeping/waking animation, which happens in the first play session of each day, or at 5am if you happen to have the game running at that time)
- Talk to a bear with whom you don't have an in-progress quest. Choose the first dialogue option.
- If you have no such bears, complete the quest for one of them, then do this after completing the quest.
- The bear should tell you that it found something important and toss you the missing Wolf Coins you need to complete the quest.
Article is closed for comments.