Note: This doesn't work for save files exported from iOS devices--those have a different format. Please contact Support if you need to import from one of those.
- Fully exit from the game on all devices/computers.
- Make sure that all devices/computer are:
- Signed into iCloud
- Signed into Game Center
- All Apple IDs used for the above sign-ins are identical on every device/computer. If not, sign out and sign in with identical Apple IDs.
- On your Mac, launch the game and press the red X next to the save slot that you will be importing into. This should delete it. Let the game run for a little while to allow time for it to sync with iCloud, then fully exit the game.
- On your Mac, open the folder where your save slots live (the real ones, not the backups you've made).
- Copy a working backup into that folder, then rename the file appropriately for the slot that you want to use it in.
- Save Slot 1: cg_save.sf (note that this name doesn't have "_1"!)
- Save Slot 2: cg_save_2.sf
- Save Slot 3: cg_save_3.sf
- Launch the game on your Mac and try to load into that save slot. If it works, great! And you should also be able to play on your other devices after the data is transferred via iCloud, but before you try that make sure to read these steps concerning how to do that safely.
Article is closed for comments.