(Note: This issue should only affect early playtesters--those using TestFlight to help us test the game prior to Apple Arcade launch on 2021-03-19. If you're not an early playtester and have this problem, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know.)
If Cozy Grove is using more than 50MB of iCloud storage, please do the following to clear out the excessive iCloud usage:
1. Download a version containing the fix
- Use the TestFlight app to download version 1.2.0 (21) or higher.
2. Back up remote saves locally
- Launch the game.
- For each non-empty save slot: Select that slot and resume playing. Ensure that you get all the way in-game. Use the options menu to return to the main menu. If you see any dialog warning that the game wasn’t saved, don’t return to the main menu yet and let the game auto-save.
3. Delete the data
- Open the Settings app
- Tap your Apple ID at the top
- Tap "iCloud"
- Tap "Manage Storage"
- Tap "Cozy Grove"
- Tap "Delete Data..." and wait for it to complete.
4. Re-upload your save data
- Launch the game and load each of the non-empty save slots. Ensure you get all the way in-game (same as before) and return to the main menu to trigger a save.