What's possibly happening
A common cause of this problem is trying to transfer game data from one device to another via iOS's data transfer feature or Google's "Back up to Google Drive" feature. Alphabear 2's save files on the device are device-specific so that players can't just pass save files to each other, but iOS's data transfer feature and Google's "Back up to Google Drive" feature basically try to do just that in passing your save file from your old device to your new device.
That's definitely *not* what's going on
Okay. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll try to help. Don't keep reading; there are several problems that can result in white screens, and the solutions on this page aren't the right solutions unless you were moving from an old device to a new device.
That might be what's going on. Now what?
A. If you were signed into Game Center (iOS) or Google Play Games Service (Android) while playing on your old device
This should be easy. First, if you're using an Android device, find and turn off the setting in the screenshot below on your new device because this is what's causing the problem. (To get to this setting, on my device I go to the Settings app (not "Google Settings", just "Settings"), remove my Google account from the device, and then re-add it. The screen comes up for me during the re-adding process. How you get to it on your device may differ depending on your version of Android.)
Now, for both iOS and Android users, on your new device, delete and reinstall the game and you should start from the screen where new players choose their base bear and initial clothing. Tap the button to sign in to Game Center / Google Play Games Service and sign in with the ID you were using on your previous device. After signing in successfully, wait a few minutes (3 minutes should be enough) while connected to the internet and the game should find your cloud save via your Game Center / Google Play Games Service ID.
B. If you were *not* signed into Game Center (iOS) or Google Play Games Service (Android) while playing on your old device but *do* still have access to the game on your old device
You have two choices. We prefer the first because you can do it by yourself without involving our Support staff, but we're happy to do it the second way if needs be.
- The first way: Use Game Center / Google Play Games Service
- On your old device, launch the game.
- Within the game, sign in to Game Center / Google Play Games Service. The button you use to sign in is at the top of the main menu, next to the button with the gear icon that opens the Options menu.
- On your old device, play a match to update your cloud save with the new ID.
- Leave the game running on your old device for a few minutes after the end of the match so the data has time to save to the cloud.
- Follow the instructions on the section above for people who had played on their old device while signed in to Game Center / Google Play Games Service.
- The second way: Spry Fox Support manually transfers your cloud save
- On your old device, launch the game, then swipe downward with 3 fingers to bring up a Report A Problem screen. Choose "Send Error Report", then "Email to email@example.com" and send us the email that is auto-generated. Please mention in the email that you're sending it because you need the save file transferred to a new device.
- On your new device, delete and reinstall the game, then get to the screen where brand new players choose their base bear and initial clothing. Do a 3-finger swipe here as well, and send the email to us again, along with a message saying that this is your new device. Please send both emails from the same email account if possible so we can easily associate the two support tickets that are generated.
- Don't delete the game from your old device yet—you may need to try again if something went wrong with one or both emails.
- Wait until you get an email back from a real support representative (not the automated reply that is immediately sent) with further instructions. The two emails should give us what we need to find your old cloud save and transfer it to the new device.
C. If you were *not* signed into Game Center (iOS) or Google Play Games Service (Android) while playing on your old device and *don't* have access to the game on your old device
That's going to be harder. A delete and reinstall has to happen so you can play on the new device, but you might have to start over from the beginning if we can't find your cloud save. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that this is the case. We'll try to figure out if there's a way we can find your cloud save. Hopefully we can, but sometimes we're not able to find it.