You should follow these directions if you want two of your devices to share a single Bushido Bear state. E.g., if you play on your tablet when at home, but play on your phone when away from home, and want progress made on your phone to be reflected on your tablet and vice versa.
Note: At this time, you can only transfer progress within the same operating system. I.e.,
- iOS progress can be transferred to another iOS device.
- Android progress can be transferred to another Android device.
- iOS progress cannot be transferred to an Android device.
- Android progress cannot be transferred to an iOS device.
- Both devices must be running Bushido Bear version 1.1.2 or greater.
- If on Android:
- You must have a Google+ profile. If your Google account doesn't already have a Google+ profile, you can create one by going to https://plus.google.com .
- *Both devices* must be able to sign in to *the same* Google+ profile.
- If on iOS:
- You must have a Game Center profile. If you do not have one, create one by launching the Game Center app on your device and choosing either to Sign In (if you want to use your current Apple ID) or to Create New Apple ID (if you don't want to use your current Apple ID).
- *Both devices* must be able to sign in to *the same* Game Center account.
- If you've already been playing Bushido Bear on two unsynced devices, decide which device's Bushido Bear progress you want to keep and which you will discard. (From now on your devices will share a single game state. We want you to decide now which state that will be. The app is not smart enough to combine your bear collections / coins / etc. into a composite state; you will have to choose one device's state or the other.)
- Note: If you've already connected Bushido Bear to Game Center / Google Play Games Service on one of your devices, then you probably already have a cloud save and the following steps won't enable you to choose. But there's no harm in trying to get the preferred state.
- Note: If this screen doesn't come up after waiting for a few minutes, stop. The cloud save that should have been established by your other device in Step 3 is probably corrupt. Return to that device and play another event to hopefully establish an uncorrupted cloud save. Then repeat Steps 2 and 4-8.
From this point forward
Simply play the game as normal. When you switch devices after having progressed forward on one device, the game should identify the switch and pop up a screen asking if you want to load the cloud save:
Click Ok to import the progress from the other device, then keep playing!
- Note: If you know you've switched devices, then you should always wait for this screen before beginning to play. If you don't, you will make parallel progress on this device, as opposed to continuing from where you left off, and one device's parallel progress will eventually be discarded.
- Please keep the Bushido Bear versions on both devices the same. There may be loss of progress if you, for example, transfer a save from version 4 to version 3 and had earned things in version 4 that version 3 doesn't know about.
Article is closed for comments.