Please follow these directions to determine the auto-update settings for a particular app. Note that this setting can be set on an app-by-app basis, so you should check specifically for the app in question.
- Launch the Google Play Store app.
- Do a search for the app whose auto-update settings are of interest.
- Click the app in the search results to be taken to the page for that app.
- On the page for the app, click the three dots.
- A popup will let you know whether auto-updating is enabled for this app.