Doing the following will provide Google with the diagnostic information they need to investigate the problem.
1. Don't uninstall the version of Alphabear that you already have
The intent is that you install the new build "on top of" what you already have.
- If you already did uninstall it, that's okay. Proceed to Step 2 anyway.
2. Update all relevant Google apps
Google will have the easiest time diagnosing the problem if you're running the most recent versions of their software. Please look for and install updates to the following apps (you can ignore any of these that your device doesn't already have):
- Google Play Games
- Google Play Services
- Google Play Store
- (Google) Drive
3. Install the build with extra logging
The following are instructions for downloading and installing a custom build of Alphabear directly from us. (The file is stored in "Dropbox", which is an online file storage service that allows us to create links for you to download our files.)
- Using a web browser on your device, access the following URL:
- Tap the "Download" button.
- If you receive a warning about the safety of downloading APKs, click OK.
- Once downloaded, open the file with Package Installer. (Your device will most likely open it in Package Installer by default.)
- Tap the "Install" button.
- If there is a problem with the installation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know. It's possible that we haven't yet updated the build on this page.
4. Generate and send the log
- Follow these instructions: https://spryfox.zendesk.com/entries/68988704-How-do-I-generate-a-device-log-Android-4-2-and-higher-