"Steam Cloud Synchronization" ensures that your progress in the game is 1) backed up in the cloud, and 2) transferred to whichever computer you play from so that your progression is seamless even if you don't always play from the same computer. These are generally good things. However, there may be occasions when you need to turn off this feature, or to turn it back on after it's been turned off. Please follow these instructions to do so (email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions):
- Start from the Steam application. If the word "LIBRARY" is not already highlighted, click it to switch to the LIBRARY view.
- The Library in the picture above was blank, but your Library probably has at least one game in it. Look through the list to find Road Not Taken.
- Right-click Road Not Taken. This will bring up a pop-up menu.
- In that pop-up menu, click Properties. This will bring up the Properties window.
- In the Properties window, click the tab labeled "UPDATES". This will switch you to the UPDATES tab.
- In the section labeled Steam Cloud, uncheck the checkbox to turn off Steam Cloud Synchronization, or check the box to turn it on.
Article is closed for comments.