Newer versions of the iOS Game Center app let you Challenge your friends. A Challenge is a form of friendly competition; one person achieves a score on a map, then challenges his/her friends to beat the score.
This FAQ describes how to initiate Challenges. Another FAQ describes how to view and take on Challenges from others.
- An iOS device (iPod Touch, iPhone, or iPad).
- The device must be running iOS 6.0 or higher.
- Triple Town version 1.87 or higher.
- Friends who play Triple Town on iOS devices.
- If you're not sure which version of iOS you're running, follow these instructions and confirm that you're running iOS 6.0 or higher:
The Challenge issued is specific to the map that you just completed. E.g., if you just finished a game on Peaceful Valley, your friends will be Challenged to beat your score on Peaceful Valley.
Q: The buttons I'm supposed to click in Step 5 aren't appearing.
A: The buttons won't appear in the following circumstances:
- You don't have any Game Center friends. (Follow the directions here to add some!)
- None of your Game Center friends can be challenged on that particular map. (See the next question for more info.)
- Your game is not connected to Game Center. (Revisit Steps 2 and 3 above.)
- Your device is not running iOS 6.0 or higher. (Revisit Step 1 above.)
Q: Why can't my friend be Challenged on a particular map? (I.e., "My friend isn't in the list when I get to Step 6")
A: In order to be Challenged on a particular map, a friend must meet the following conditions:
- He/she must be your Game Center friend. (If he/she isn't, then follow the directions here to add him/her!)
- He/she must first have posted to Game Center at least one score from that map. My recommendation is to have your friends quickly post a score from each map available to them, even if it's a bad score (a game can be finished in under a minute if you just put items down as fast as possible without thinking). Once the score is posted, the Challenge fun can begin! And your friend can later go back and post better scores later when they have more time to do so.
- It's possible that the posted score has to be from a device running iOS 6.0 or higher. I don't believe this is the case, but if your friend says that he/she has already posted a score, then perhaps this is the reason.
Q: My friend was in the list in Step 6, but he/she didn't receive my Challenge.
A: A number of things could have occurred, including these:
- Your friend may not meet the requirements for receiving Challenges.
- Your friend may not be signed-in to Game Center.
- There may already be a Challenge between the two of you on that particular map. If so, you may have to beat or decline the Challenge before another can be issued on the same map.
Q: I have a question you haven't covered, or I found a mistake in what you wrote.
A: Email email@example.com with your question.