Note: You probably won't be doing this unless Support told you to or you read the log file and realized that you have this problem.
In the log file you will see this message (note that the beginning of the path may be different):
- The file 'D:/SteamLibrary/steamapps/common/Cozy Grove/CozyGrove_Data/resources.assets' is corrupted! Remove it and launch unity again!
What to do
- Go to the path in the log file (or, if Support told you what the path is, go to the path they told you to go to) and look for the file named "resources.assets".
- Delete the file named "resources.assets"
- In the Steam app, go to the Library tab.
- On the left side of the Steam app (where all of your games are listed), find Cozy Grove. Right-click it and choose Properties from the menu that comes up.
- Something similar to the screen shown below should come up. If not, try Steps 3 and 4 again.
- On the left side, click Local Files. Your screen should now look like this:
- Click the "Verify integrity of game files..." button. Wait until the process completes. Because you deleted a file, a small window like the one below should come up. (Don't worry if the number is larger than 1.)
- Click the Close button in this small window to close it.
- Click the X in the upper-right corner of the Local Files window to close it.
- In the Steam app, wait while Steam re-downloads the deleted file. When the Play button becomes enabled again, click it and you should be able to play again!
Article is closed for comments.