Note: This only applies to Apple Arcade devices/Macs. It is not currently possible to sync saves between Apple Arcade devices and Windows computers.
Please do the following to minimize the chances of problems occurring when you play the same save slot across multiple devices.
- Make sure iCloud is enabled and signed-into on all devices/computers involved.
- On Apple TV, users who are not the default user need to be signed-in in Settings under Additional Users
- Make sure that Game Center is signed-into and enabled on all devices/computers involved.
- Make sure that the sign-ins have all been done with the same Apple ID.
When you're about to end a play session
- Make sure you're connected to the internet so your save will be uploaded to iCloud.
- Open the game's Options Menu and click the Return To Main Menu button. This will force the game to save now, instead of the usual saving every few minutes.
- After you've transitioned to the main menu, kill the Cozy Grove app.
- If on a Mac, click the word "Quit" in the lower-right of the game's title screen.
- If on Apple TV, iPhone, iPad, or iPod Touch, fully exit the app (don't just minimize it).
When you're about to begin a new play session
- If you remember that you didn't do the things in the previous section at the end of your last play session, do that now on that device/computer before launching the app for a new play session. Having the app unkilled on multiple devices/computers is one way that problems arise.
- Make sure you're connected to the internet so your save can be downloaded from iCloud.
- Launch the app on the device/computer you want to play on. Don't click the words "Start" or "Continue" yet!
- First click the words "Save Slot 1" (or whatever the number happens to be). This will open the Save Slot menu.
- Confirm that the Save Slot menu correctly reflects the date and time you last played each Save Slot.
- If so, great! Click the Save Slot that you want to play on, and then click Start or Continue as appropriate. Enjoy the game!
- If not, for some reason iCloud has not finished syncing your save data between the two devices/computers. Don't click Start or Continue on this device/computer or you will overwrite the progress made in your last play session. Instead, kill the app on this device/computer. Wait a few minutes then try the steps in this section again. If that still doesn't work, kill the app on this device/computer and go back to the device/computer of your last play session. Save the game there again, give iCloud a few minutes to transfer your save data, then try the steps in this section again.