We built a way for you to get these things back if you lose/misplace them. That said, don't intentionally try losing/misplacing them--we may not have anticipated the manner in which they disappeared.
A few things before you try to take advantage of this feature:
- This only applies to things you have already possessed and then lost. If you haven't yet acquired it, this won't work.
- In the case of a hidden object you've never found, ask Ranger Bear for a clue instead.
- If a bear was supposed to give it to you but never did and your backpack was full at the time, please check the ground near the bear. (Make sure to check behind bushes, supply shelves, rocks, etc.) When your backpack is full, items that can't fit fall on the ground.
- Please try scrolling your backpack up/down looking for them. Players have incorrectly thought that things disappeared when they were simply in the part of the backpack that wasn't currently visible.
- Please talk to Flamey and check your Storage and Closet. Like with your backpack, please try scrolling the window up/down to make sure it's not there but not currently visible.
- Please make sure that your game's version number is 1.4.0 or higher. If not, please update your game.
- The only quest items this works for are those that were both: A) hidden (e.g., if you bought it from Mr. Kit then this won't work), and B) not the normal stuff you find simply scavenging around the island (e.g., if you lost a potato, this won't work--please dig up another potato). Examples of things this will work on are Ranger Bear's Tea Mug and Seagull Bear's Feathers.
How to get back your lost items
First, wait for the next game day. (Note that a new game day begins at 5am, not at midnight). Then talk to Postal Bear and check your mailbox there. (Postal Bear is one of the first bears you'll meet in your adventure. You can meet him as early as Day 1 if you complete enough quests on your first day.) The lost item will be an attachment on one of the mails.
Article is closed for comments.